What are the most commonly used HTTP methods supported by REST
What are the most commonly used HTTP methods supported by REST?
* GET is only used to request data from a specified resource. Get requests can be cached and bookmarked. It remains in the browser history and haS length restrictions. GET requests should never be used when dealing with sensitive data. * POST is used to send data to a server to create/update a resource. POST requests are never cached and bookmarked and do not remain in the browser history. * PUT replaces all current representations of the target resource with the request payload. * DELETE removes the specified resource. * OPTIONS is used to describe the communication options for the target resource. * HEAD asks for a response identical to that of a GET request, but without the response body.
What are the core components of an HTTP request?
An HTTP request contains five key elements: * An action showing HTTP methods like GET, PUT, POST, DELETE. * Uniform Resource Identifier (URI), which is the identifier for the resource on the server. * HTTP Version, which indicates HTTP version, for example-HTTP v1.1. * Request Header, which carries metadata (as key-value pairs) for the HTTP Request message. Metadata could be a client (or browser) type, format supported by the client, format of a message body format, cache settings, and so on. * Request Body, which indicates the message content or resource representation.
What are the principles of an API test design?
The five most important principles of an API test design are: * Setup : Create objects, start services, initialize data, etc * Execution : Steps to apply API or the scenario, including logging * Verification : Oracles to evaluate the result of the execution * Reporting : Pass, failed, or blocked * Clean up : Pre-test state
Difference between API testing and Unit Testing?
UNIT testing : * Unit testing is conducted by the Development Team * Unit testing is a form of White box testing * Unit testing is conducted prior to the process of including the code in the build * Source code is involved in Unit testing * In unit testing, the scope of testing is limited, so only basic functionalities are considered for testingAPI testing : * API testing is conducted by QA Team * API testing is a form of Black box testing * API testing is conducted after the build is ready for testing * Source code is not involved in API testing * In API testing, the scope of testing is wide, so all the issues that are functional are considered for testing
What kind of common tests performed on the APIs?
* You should verify the API first and check either it is updating any data structure or not. * You need to check either API returns anything. * As per the given parameters or values, the values returned by APIs need to check. * Verify the API either it triggers any other event or calling another API.API Testing Interview Questions
API Testing Interview Questions
A list of frequently asked API Testing interview questions and answers aregiven below.
2) What is API testing?
API testing is a type of software testing that involves testing APIs directly.API is a part of integration testing to check whether the API meetsexpectations in terms of functionality, reliability, performance, and securityof applications. Multiple API system can performed API testing. In APItesting, our primary focus is on Business Logic Layer of the softwarearchitecture.* * *
3) What are the types of API testing?
API testing involves the following types of testing: * Unit Testing * Functional Testing * Load Testing * Runtime/Error Detection * Security Testing * UI Testing * Interoperability and WS compliance Testing * Penetration Testing * Fuzz Testing* * *
4) What are the protocols used in API Testing?
Protocols used in API testing are:* * *
6) What is API test environment?
For API the test environment is a quite complex method where the configurationof server and database is done as per the requirement of the softwareapplication. API testing does not involve graphical user interface (GUI).API is checked for its proper functioning after installation.* * *
13) What exactly needs to verify in API testing?
In API testing, we send a request to API with the known data and then analysisthe response. 1. We will verify the accuracy of the data. 2. Will see the HTTP status code. 3. We will see the response time. 4. Error codes in case API returns any errors. 5. Authorization would be check. 6. Non-Functional testing such as performance testing, security testing.* * *
18) What are the difference between API testing and UI testing?
UI (User Interface) testing means the testing of the graphical user interface.The focus of UI testing is on the look and feel of the application. In userinterface testing the main focus is on how users can interact with appelements such as images, fonts, layout etc. are checked.API testing allows the communication between two software systems. API testingworks on backend also known as backend testing.* * *